Terms & Conditions
1. Operator of the website www.dogependent.com (e-shop), further mentioned as ''the seller'' or ''the e-shop'', is the company ARTSY LTD (link to complete company details can be found in Article XIII - Contact).
2. Supplier of goods and services offered in the e-shop is the company ARTSY LTD.
3. The buyer is every visitor of the e-shop, who created an order by means of the e-shop. For the purposes of the Act no. 102/2014 Coll., consumer means natural or legal person, who does not purchase goods for the purpose of sale to other persons, for the purpose of business, or for purpose of employment or occupation.
4. E-shop is a computer system located on the internet with public access, which allows ordering of goods or services.
5. Goods or services are considered to be all products published on the e-shop.
6. Order is created by finalisation of the ordering process in the e-shop by selecting goods or services by the buyer, including completion of the ordering form.
1. All displayed prices of goods are the final prices including VAT
2. The seller is bound by the price quoted on the e-shop at the moment of the buyer making a purchase.
1. Order is created by finalisation of the ordering process via the e-shop, by selecting goods or services by buyer including completion of ordering form. For the correct execution of the order, it is necessary to fill in all required information during the ordering process.
2. By submitting an order, the buyer agrees with the price of the ordered goods and services and thus order becomes binding for the buyer.
3. Confirmation of the order sent to the buyer by the seller is considered to be a sales contract, which is possible to alter, cancel or amend only by means of mutual agreement between the buyer and the seller, unless the law or other legal regulation stipulates otherwise.
4. After completion of an order by the buyer, e-shop generates an automatic email confirming receipt of the order. This e-mail is not a confirmation of goods within the meaning of paragraph 3 of this article.
5. By finalising and submitting an order, the buyer is obliged to pay the purchase price of the goods ordered.
1. Goods and services ordered on the e-shop can be paid for in following ways:
a. credit card payment (Visa, Mastercard or American Express)
b. payment via PayPal
c. payment via Google Pay
2. Gift voucher represents a prepaid amount of money that the buyer can use when buying, based on sufficient free pre-paid financial funds. Coupon expiration date is marked on each coupon. The minimum value of the gift voucher can be arranged with the buyer.
3. Additional payments for single payment options are specified in Article no. VI of these general commercial conditions.
4. The seller may offer the buyer the possibility of discounts:
a. discount from goods' price upon registration on the e-shop,
b. discount for repeated purchases,
c. discount based on single discount coupon.
d. It is not possible to cumulate offered discounts.
1. The seller is obliged to send the goods to the buyer within 30 days from the date of concluding the purchase contract, unless longer delivery time was agreed for delivery of specified goods.
2. If the goods are in stock, shipment will be completed in the shortest time possible.
3. If the order consists of multiple goods and services while not all of them are not in stock, the seller will inform the buyer regarding this situation by offering them the possibility of partial deliveries.
4. Point of sale is considered place where goods are delivered.
5. The seller will perform goods delivery to the buyer by means of:
a. postal services
b. courier services
Charges for shipment, packaging and payment options
1. The final shipping cost will be displayed upon completion of the shopping cart checkout, following the input of buyer's contact details.
2. The seller may send goods which are in immediate stock to the buyer as soon as possible. The rest of the ordered goods will be delivered subsequently within the statutory period, provided that the buyer will not be charged for any additional postage, other than that which has been counted for in the order.
Transfer of the ownership rights
1. The ownership right passes from the seller to the buyer after settling the full payment price for the subject of the purchase contract.
2. For the goods or services covered by ownership right of the seller, the seller reserves the right to proceed in case of a complaint made by the buyer only after full payment for goods or services has been completed by the buyer.
Cancellation of the purchase contract
1. The buyer has the right to cancel the order for goods or services within 10 minutes of finalisation of the order process by e-mailing the seller at email@example.com, with subject line stating 'Order Cancellation'. If the order cancellation e-mail is not received by the seller within 10 minutes after the order has been submitted, the order will be processed and shipped to the buyer in accordance with these Terms & Conditions
The consumer’s right to return goods without giving any reason and consumer guidance
1. According to Act No. 102/2014 Coll. on Consumer Protection in sale of goods or provision of services on the base of the distance contract or the contract concluded away from business premises of the seller and on amending and supplementing certain other acts (hereinafter referred as the “Act”), pursuant to § 7 and the subsequent, consumer has the right to withdraw from the purchase contract within 14 calendar days after receiving goods. If subject of contract is delivery of goods, consumer has the right to withdraw from the contract even before goods' delivery.
2. The consumer is obliged, if she/he wants to use this right, to deliver the withdrawal in written form at the latest on the last day of the specified period to the contact address of the seller, or to hand over this withdrawal to the post office for postal delivery at the latest on the last day of the specified period, sending it to the contact address of the seller. The consumer is obliged after receiving notification of withdrawal from contract to send or to deliver personally the subject of the contract she/he withdraws from along with all documentation – eg. original invoice, user manuals and other documentation delivered with goods no later than 14 days from the date of withdrawal (§10 paragraph 1 of the Act). We recommend buyers to keep their own copy of the invoice and to send goods as a registered mail covered by insurance.
3. Do not send us goods by cash on delivery. Such goods will not be accepted.
4. The seller will reimburse the purchase price of the goods, not including transport costs in accordance with meaning of the provision of section §9 paragraph 3) Act no. 102/2014 Coll. The seller reserves the right to return the money to the consumer only once the goods have been received by the seller.
5. The costs of returning the goods shall be borne by the buyer.
6. The right of withdrawal does not apply to goods and services, as defined in § 7 par. 6 letter a) to l) of Act no. 102/2014. Coll.
7. The consumer will bear any diminished value of goods, which has been caused by its use beyond what is necessary to determine the functionality and characteristics of the goods.
The rights and obligations of the parties
1. Parties are considered to be the seller and the buyer.
2. The buyer is obliged:
a. to accept undamaged delivery of the ordered goods,
b. to pay agreed purchase price for the goods to the seller,
c. to check packaging integrity, respectively product itself upon delivery.
3. The seller is obliged:
a. to deliver the goods to the buyer in required quality, quantity, time and agreed
b. to send all documents relating to the goods such as an invoice for the goods, in
English language, either physically along with goods or in electronic form (e.g. e-
1. Personal data is processed in accordance with the Act. 122/2013 Coll. on Personal Data Protection, as amended.
2. The seller does not provide personal information of the buyer to a third party, with exception to the shipping company in order to deliver the goods or services or to a public authority for inspection.
3. The seller acquires from the buyer the following personal information: title, first name, family name, home address, delivery address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card details.
4. Personal data provided to the seller is used in order to manage buyer's order properly.
5. The seller is obliged to secure personal information from access by unauthorized persons. This obligation is specified in the Security Directive.
7. The buyer has the right to cancel his approval of personal data processing at any time by sending written cancelation to the seller. Seller will then block or stop the use buyer’s personal data immediately. This personal data will not be used for marketing purposes at any point thereafter, unless the buyer expresses a wish for their data to be processed again.
1. The seller reserves the right to penalize the buyer by a contractual fine of 10 USD (ten american dollars) if the existing contract of sale was not cancelled, or not withdrawn from, at a point when the buyer refuses to accept undamaged delivery of goods from carrier, resulting in goods being returned to the seller.
2. This contractual fine includes shipment and administration costs and other costs related to the seller’s unfulfilled purchase contract.
1. The seller reserves the right to amend these general terms and conditions and complaint conditions without prior notice to the buyer. In case of change in general terms and conditions or complaint conditions, entire purchase process will be governed by the general terms and conditions that were in effect at the time of submitting the order by the buyer. These conditions are available on the website of the seller.
2. Complaint conditions are the integral part of these general terms and conditions.
3. By submitting an order, the buyer confirms she/he has read the general terms and conditions as well as complaint conditions and agrees with the wording.
4. These general terms and conditions and complaint conditions are available at the registered office of the seller for consultation by the buyer and they are published on the e-shop as well.
5. Otherwise not defined relations in these general terms and conditions as well as in their integral parts (Annexes) are governed by the relevant provisions, particularly of Act no. 40/1964 Coll., Act no. 250/2007 Coll., Act no. 102/2014 Coll., Act no. 122/2013 Coll., Act no. 22/2004 Coll. as well as Act no. 513/1991 Coll.
6. These general terms and conditions, including their integral parts come into force and effect on 11th November 2018.
Complaint conditions for online store (e-shop)
Integral part of general terms and conditions
1. It is possible to submit a claim only on goods bought from the seller which are the property of the buyer.
2. In case the ownership right has not passed from the seller to the buyer yet, the buyer in accordance with applicable legislation can submit a claim following full payment for goods in accordance with § 151 of the Civil Code.
3. If the buyer is a consumer (person who is not acting within the scope of his business, employment or occupation) then the product warranty of 24 months applies, if not indicated otherwise. If the buyer is not a consumer, following the provisions of the Commercial Code, the warranty period applied is one year. The warranty period begins on the date of receipt of the goods from the shipping company, or directly from the seller if the buyer takes over the goods in person.
4. The buyer is obliged to raise a complaint to the seller without delay after finding a defect to the goods.
5. Liability for defects of the goods does not apply in following circumstances:
a. if defect is of mechanical damage, caused by the buyer,
b. when the goods have been handled improperly by the buyer,
c. when using the goods in conditions not corresponding to normal conditions with
regards to its moisture, chemical properties and mechanical influences, differing
from goods' natural environment,
d. when failing to keep normal care and maintenance of goods,
e. when goods are used under excessive load,
f. when using the goods in contrary to the general principles, technical standards
and safety regulations or breaching warranty in any other way.
6. Defects resulting from natural disasters are excluded from liability for defects.
7. Liability for defects does not cover defects caused by natural wear and tear of goods (or part thereof) resulting from the normal use of the goods. Short product life cannot therefore be considered as a fault and therefore cannot be claimed.
8. It is required to send claimed goods to the seller's address specified in Article XIII – Contact of this document, not by cash on delivery. It is required to wrap the goods safely, in order to avoid any damage to the goods during shipping. We recommend sending the goods as registered mail or insured postal mail respectively. Documents to be attached: copy of proof of purchase (invoice) and completed claim form. (Complaint should be sent solely in writing by mail).
9. Seller will acknowledge receipt of the complaint via e-mail and will issue a confirmation for the buyer on proceedings regarded to the claim in appropriate way. If it is not possible to deliver confirmation about claim receival immediately, it must be delivered without any delay and with proof of settlement of the claim. Confirmation of settlement of the claim will be sent to the buyer from the seller via e-mail.
10. If the claim proves to be reasonable, the seller is obliged to determine the method of settling the claim and return the money to the buyer within 3 days from the receival of the goods by the seller. The seller reserves the right to prolong this period to a maximum of 30 days in reasonable cases, however, the period for settling the claim cannot exceed 30 days from the date of the claim. After passing the 30-day period for claim settlement, the buyer has the right to withdraw from the contract and will be refunded the full amount for the goods, or has the right to exchange for new goods.
11. Remedies for raising the claim:
a. If it's possible to repair the defected product, the buyer has the right for duly and
free of charge repair. Decision on how to repair such defect are to be done by the
seller. The buyer may ask the seller, instead of repairing the defect (repair), to
replace any defective goods for sound one, provided this does not result in
unreasonable costs to the seller with respect to the price of goods or severity of
b. When it's not possible to repair the defect, and affects the proper use of goods
for specified purpose, the buyer has the right to either exchange the goods or to
withdraw from the contract, resulting in buyer receiving a refund in full.
c. The complaint shall be considered as settled when the buyer receives the claimed
goods, either by accepting new goods in exchange, or by accepting repaired goods,
or by accepting the refund of the original purchase price.
12. Packaging should be checked when receiving the goods from carrier, in order to note any damage that may have occurred during shipment. We recommend that the buyers unpack the goods while carrier is still present. Your signature upon delivery/receival of the delivery is considered to be a declaration that goods' packaging is not damaged.
13. These complaint conditions are integral part of general terms and conditions and the seller reserves the right to change them at any time without prior notice to the buyer.
In case of any queries, feel free to contact us on our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our registered office address and list of appointed persons can be found at: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10626390
Operator reserves right to change these terms in case of change of data processing in the company and in case of regulation change.
By completion of an order:
The operator is obtaining your consent:
- I hereby consent, that I have been informed about the processing of personal data by operator.
The operator is obtaining your consent:
- I hereby accept the terms of registration and I have been informed about the processing of personal data for purpose of registration.
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA (further in this
document mentioned as ”PD”)
Company name, company identification number: ARTSY LTD; incorporated in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland under the Companies Act 2006 as a private company with The Registrar of Companies for England and Wales; company identification No. 10626390 (further as “operator”)
1 PURPOSES OF PROCESSING PD
If you provided us your PD, it will be used for following purposes:
E-shop – for Conclusion and Performance of Purchase agreement, Processing of payment, product delivery, or as the case may be performing of related activities ( e.g. warranty claims and other obligations related to the legal regulation in the area of customer protection), concluded through www.dogependent.com between operator and buyer. For arrangement of your order, the following data must be provided: first name, family name, address, e-mail, phone number, payment information. E-mail and phone number serve as a means of communication. An order confirmation will be sent to your e-mail.
Personal Data are processed on Legal Grounds (article 6/1/b of GDPR and Regulation) processing of personal data is unavoidable for performance of agreement, whose contracting party is affected person (buyer), or for performing of a measure before concluding of an agreement based on request of affected person (buyer) (article 2.1), i.e. contractual request.
Marketing – You, the buyer, are giving consent to receive communication from us for marketing purposes, by ticking or clicking ''sign-up'' or ''subscribe'' or ''I want to get cute dog pics and special offers'' anywhere on the website. Marketing purposes include, but are not limited to: sales support, offers, newsletters, product information and news. If customer does not wish to receive such communication anymore, he or she may opt out by clicking ''unsubscribe'' in any of the marketing emails received from us.
Operator processes PD based on consent of affected person (article 6/1/b of GDPR and Regulation).
Processing of PD unavoidably needed for purposes of property protection, safety of employees, also represents authorised interest of corresponding operator´s data.
Buyer has an option to register at www.dogependent.com. Buyer is also allowed to purchase without registration. In case of purchasing through registered account, your PD will be processed as follows:
Your account is secured by password. By signing in to your account, you can access information about your orders. You can modify your PD. Please, safeguard your password, operator is not liable for misuse of password.
By setting up your account at www.dogependent.com, our PD will be assessed and collected for purposes of use of service. By setting up this account, you also give consent for evaluating your buying behaviour, i.e. what kinds of products have you bought, which products have you browsed.
If you have registered, you give consent that your user behaviour at www.dogependent.com will be allocated to your account, for the purposes of providing this personalised content (e.g. special offers and information).
If you decided to no longer be registered, you can remove the account. Buying at www.dogependent.com is allowed as a non-registered customer, as guest.
3 THIRD PARTIES
Your PD can be provided to third parties. During processing of order and performing purchase agreement are PD provided to third parties, such as carrier (shipping), courier, banks etc. PD of buyer are processed only for purpose of performing of the agreement and for necessary time-frame, in more detail in article 6. Time of processing.
In case of purpose stated in article 2.4, your PD can be submitted to matters of suspicion or matters of criminal offence to Police Department in time of duty, who may perform clarification, investigation, verifying or operatively investigating in matters of gathered PD.
4 YOUNGER THAN 16
Operator with relevance to offered service by information company processes PD based on consent of affected person on legal grounds, if affected person has reached the age of 16. This e-shop is not directly designated for persons younger than 16 years old.
Operator does not process PD of persons younger than 16 years old. With each registration/signing in, operator requests statutory declaration of buyer. This e-shop is not designated for buying by persons younger than 16 years old.
5 PERIOD OF PROCESSING
Buyer consents with processing of PD from the day of granting, for purpose of these conditions, for a period of 10 years with performing of purpose of the agreement, article 2.1.
Buyer agrees with processing of PD from the day of granting, for purpose of these conditions, for a period of 3 years with performing of purpose for marketing activities, article 2.2
6 TRANSFER TO THIRD COUNTRY
Operator uses applications Mailchimp and Printify based in USA & Shopify based in Canada.
USA and Canada, as countries, based on European Commission and its regulations, are countries which provide appropriate security. Operators of online applications Mailchimp, Shopify, Printify have given appropriate guarantee of PD security, and processes PD for in accordance with GDPR.
7 AUTOMATED PROFILING
Operator processed PD in paper and electronic forms. Operator does not use automated, individual deciding, including profiling, article 4, paragraph 4.
For purpose of enhancing marketing campaigns, operator uses automated profiling. Profiling segments offered products, based on your preference, and benefits. For profiling, we use the following systems: Google Adwords, Facebook, Instagram…
Consent is not required for basic gathering of statistical data, e.g. use of measuring code Google Analytics...
8 IP ADRESS
An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication.
- IP address is considered as PD, if processed by Internet service provider together with another identification (name, e-mail)
- static IP addresses used by natural persons/ private individuals is to be recognized as PD
- dynamic IP will be considered as PD in case, when operator of online service will process dynamic IP and other identifiers (name, surname, etc.) together.
In case of preserving IP address on web page (e.g. using of system WordPress for comments) it is required to choose appropriate mean of processing or use pseudonymization.
9 SAFE TRANSMISSION OF PD
Your PD are safely transmitted thanks to cyphering. Cyphering system SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is mostly used for safe communication with web servers. PD in our system as well as the web page are secured by appropriate technical and organisational means, targeted against loss, destruction, change and further spreading of PD through unauthorised persons.
In case if you are registered at our page www.dogependent.com, only you have access to your account, and so you should pay attention to operate privately with such information. Operator is not liable for unauthorised treatment or password misuse.
10 RIGHTS OF AFFECTED PERSON(BUYER)
Buyer has right according to GDPR for (i) right of Changes and Amendments, (ii) right of Deletion, (iii) right of Portability, (iv) right of Raising an Objection, (v) right of Withdrawal of Consent, (vi) right of Access to Information
Right of Changes and Amendments. Buyer has right to ask operator to: change or amend their incorrect PD, without postponement.
Right of Deletion
Buyer has right to ask operator to delete their PD. Operator is required to delete these PD, without postponement, if some of the following conditions are met:
- PD is no longer required for purpose of which these PD were obtained or processed,
- affected person withdraws consent for processing of their PD, for at least for 1 concrete purpose or affected person withdraws consent for processing of PD for at least 1 concrete purpose, consent is invalid, if its granting is excluded by particular regulation,
- affected person, objects to the processing of their PD, and you believe that after assessing your objection, it will become clear that your interest in the particular situation prevails over ours, especially concerning direct marketing, including but not limited to profiling.
- the personal data has been processed unlawfully,
- the reason for deletion is fulfilment of obligation according to this regulation, distinctive regulation, international contract, by which is United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland bound, or PD have been gathered through the offer of service provided by information company,
- the personal data concerns a person under 16.
If operator made PD public, he or she is then required to establish such safety means including technical measures with regard to available technology and with regard to costs of such measures, for purpose of informing other operators, who process PD of affected person about the affected person´s request, to delete those references to affected person´s PD, its copies or facsimiles.
Rights of Portability
Buyer has right to acquire PD, which concerns them, in structured, commonly used and readable format and has right to transfer these PD to another operator – seller, if it is plausible from technical point of view and if:
- PD are processed based on consent of affected person, based on contractual agreement, and based on consent of affected person, which is invalid and its granting is excluded by particular regulation
- processing of PD is executed by automated means.
Right of Raising an Objection
Buyer is has right to raise and objection to processing of PD, relevant to them, for purpose of direct marketing including profiling in range, which is related to direct marketing, operator is obliged to explicitly give notice to affected person about their rights by the time the first communication between operator and affected person has taken place. This information about the right of objection must be stated clearly and separately from any other information. Buyer has an option to raise an objection to automated means with use of technical specifications.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Buyer has right to withdraw their consent to processing of PD at any time, which are related to them. A withdrawal of consent has no bearing on legality of processing of PD, based on consent given before its withdrawal; buyer has to be informed about this before giving the consent. Buyer may withdraw consent the same way they gave it. Consent can be withdrawn – by clicking.
Right of Access to Information.
Buyer has right to receive a confirmation about whether their PD are processed by operator, which are related to the buyer. If operator processes such PD, buyer has right of Access to the PD and to Information about:
- purposes of processing PD,
- categories of processed PD – in this case, general PD, operator does not process distinctive PD,
- identification of receiver or category of receiver, to which were or will be OD provided, especially about receiver in 3rd country or international organization, if possible,
- period of storage of PD; if not plausible, information about criteria of their designation,
- right to ask for amendment or change of PD, related to buyer, their Deletion, their restriction of processing, or about right of raising and objection to process PD,
- right to file a motion of legal proceeding,
- source of PD, if PD were not acquired from buyer
- existence of automated individualistic decision-making, including profiling. In these cases operator will provide information about this to buyer, especially about used methods, as well as about meaning of expected consequences caused by this processing of PD for buyer.
Based on this request, Operator is obliged to provide relevant information within 30 days of receiving such request. This period can be prolonged up to another 60 days, operator will inform buyer about this immediately.
For repeated providing of PD, requested by buyer, operator can charge buyer an adequate fee corresponding with administrative costs. Operator is required to provide PD to buyer in such way the buyer requested.
- Right to file a motion to start legal proceedings
Buyer can file a motion to start legal proceedings in compliance with § 100 regulation, if they feel directly offended to their rights, motion must include: who files it, against who it is filed with a subject to the effect of highlighting which rights were violated, evidence.
Such motion/complaint is to be made with Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, United Kingdom.
In accordance with § 55 article 5, NRSR regulation no. 351/2011 of legal code about electronic communication, as subsequently amended, we inform you about using of “Cookies” and point out to option of changing your internet browser settings, in case that actual cookie settings does not fit you.
What are cookies?
Cookie files are small text files, which can be sent to internet browser when browsing internet pages, and stored to your device (PC, smartphone, tablet). Cookie files are saved to special folder for files of your internet browser. Cookies usually contain name of the webpage, from which they originate, validity and value. In your next visit to the webpage, the browser loads these files and sends the information to the webpage, again. Cookies, which we use does not harm your computer.
Types of cookies
On webpage www.dogependent.com, both temporary and permanent cookies can be used. At our web pages, we use different types of cookies.
Basic Cookie files
These cookie files create a base for usage of our webpages and allow us to use basic functions, such as secured areas, online payments. Basic cookies are for example, login remembrance, allowed access restricted areas without the need of signing in again, template completing and so on. Without these cookies, we can not provide service, which are the base of our webpages.
Operational cookie files
Using operational cookies, we gather statistical information about how you are using our webpages, These technical information can tell us, for example, which parts of
webpages have you clicked on, which page have you visited lastly and so on. These cookies serves us to analyse and improve our webpages, from contextual, performance and design point of view. If you forbid these cookies, we can not guarantee flawless use of our webpages.
Cookie files of 3rd parties
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
Cookies used at www.dogependent.com can be adjusted in your web browser. Most of internet browsers is set to accept cookies by default. This setting can be changed to blocking of cookies or by notification in case cookies are about to be send to your computer.
Instructions for the change of cookies can be found in help tab of every browser. If you use different devices to access webpages (PC, smartphone, tablet), we advise your to adjust each device to your preference.
Cookies can be deleted one by one or all at once. Either by deleting them manually or by your browser tool.
Webpage www.dogependent.com uses these types of cookies listed.
publisher / name / storage life
vibration / eu-cookies / 10 years - essential function
vibration / lastFilterTab / 6 hours - essential function
vibration / order_35 / 30 days - essential function
vibration / showCart / max 1 hour, reset by next visit - essential function
vibration / resetFilter / max 1 hour, reset by next visit - essential function
vibration / no_gift / until session ends (closing of browser) - essential
vibration / dialog_35 / until session ends (closing of browser) - essential
AdWords / none / 90 days - tracking & remarketing function
Facebook / none / persistent - tracking & conversing function
Google Analytics / _ga / persistent - analytical & tracking function
Google Analytics / cid / 6 months - analytical & tracking function
Google Analytics / utmv / persistent - analytical & tracking function
Google Analytics / utmz / 6 months - analytical & tracking function
Google Analytics / utma / persistent - analytical & tracking function
Google Analytics / utmb / persistent - analytical & tracking function
Google Analytics / utmc / session - analytical & tracking function
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions or comments regarding the processing of PD, you can contact us at:
Registered office address and list of appointed persons available at: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10626390
12 FINAL PROVISIONS
This information become valid and come in effect by May 25th, 2018. Operator reserves right to change these terms in case of change of processing of PD in company and in case of regulation change.
BY COMPLETION OF AN ORDER:
The operator is obtaining your consent:
- I hereby consent, that I have been informed about the processing of personal data by operator.
The operator is obtaining your consent:
- I hereby accept the terms of registration and I have been informed about the
processing of personal data for purpose of registration.